Demarus Dye| BKD TV Insiders
A new segment here on BKD TV, What have we Learned in the NFL this week, this will be a regular Wednesday segment which will have 7 points of Ups & Downs during the week of games past.
- Tennessee Titans offense looks very improved & on Sunday, QB Jake Locker looked like a real QB in KC, once there Running Game gets going, the Titans could do something in the AFC South
- Miami Dolphins rushed for 191 yards as the Patriots got ran up out of Miami on Sunday, Knowshon Moreno rushed for 134 yards and a big fourth-quarter touchdown for Miami & Lamar Miller with 59 yards & a touchdown. If the Dolphins can run like that during the season, look out AFC.
- Houston Texans defensive line will be great & maybe Jadeveon Clowney could have nothing to do with it, as JJ Watt was everywhere on Sunday & DJ Swearinger was around RG3 also. Texans look good on defense & will keep the Texans in games this season.
- For Week 1, Rookie WR Kelvin Benjamin of the Carolina Panthers could be the answer as the top receiver for when QB Cam Newton returns. Benjamin had six catches for 92 yards & a TD. He looked very athletic & physical going down the field.
- The Redskins, Cowboys & Giants looked worse then 1st thought, all 3 teams the way they played look like below .500 record teams, the defenses of the Cowboys & Giants was just bad, the offenses of the Redskins & Giants looked worse & Tony Romo was an interception waiting to happen. Thank God for Week 2.
- The Rams need to go get a QB fast, Shaun Hill got hurt mid way in the 1st Half & Austin Davis, who spent much of the past two seasons on the Rams’ practice squad, but had never played in the NFL, took over and didn’t fare much better against a Minnesota defense that gave up the most points in the league during a 5-10-1 season last year. The Rams play the Bucs in Tampa Bay on Sunday, that could help things.
- Packers Offensive Line not looking good, now granted they played the defending champs Seattle Seahawks in Seattle, but the Packers Running Game never got going & Aaron Rodgers did not stand a chance, the Seahawks sacked Rodgers three times, taking advantage of a knee injury suffered by right tackle Bryan Bulaga in the second quarter. His replacement, Derek Sherrod, gave up a fourth-down sack to Cliff Avril to end one drive inside Seattle territory. For the Packers, the Jets come to Green Bay on Sunday, they should rebound.