Demarus Dye| BKD TV Insiders
Here is What Have We Learned in Week 3 of the 2014 NFL Season, thanks to AP Pro 32 for photo & help in this article.
- Three times already this season, the Arizona Cardinals have fallen behind only to rally to victory in the second half.The latest comeback came in Sunday’s 23-14 win over San Francisco, a team Arizona had beaten once in its last 10 tries.
Heading into a bye week, coach Bruce Arians said that show of resiliency stands out above everything else.
The Cardinals have outscored their opponents 30-0 in the fourth quarter.
Arizona really isn’t sneaking up on anybody. Dating back to last season, the Cardinals have won 10 of their last 12, tied with Carolina and Philadelphia for the NFL’s best record in that span. They are the only team in the past two seasons to win at Seattle.
- Colts, Giants & Saints get off of the snide to win there 1st games, all 3 used solid offense to get the job done. The Giants play on Thursday night vs. the Redskins in DC, the Colts host the Titans & the Saints go back to Dallas for Sunday Night Football, all 3 teams have a good chance of going on a 2 game winning streak during Week 4.
- The Bengals look good & overall faster than their opponents from Sunday to Sunday, heck even the QB caught a TD pass on Sunday vs. the Titans, right now the Bengals are the best team in the AFC. The Bengals have a bye this week.
- The Eagles continue to be the 2nd half kids, they have scored 101 points in their three victories. The Eagles are the first NFL team to start a season 3-0 after trailing by 10-plus points in each game, they will travel to San Francisco on Sunday.
- The teams in Florida(Dolphins, Jaguars & Buccaneers) are a combined 1-8, with the Dolphins having the only win. The Jaguars & Buccaneers looked terrible last week & the Dolphins got exposed at home vs. a win less Chiefs team. The Bucs go to Pittsburgh on Sunday & the Jags go to San Diego, the Dolphins go over the London Pond & play the winless Raiders, oh the joy!
- Panthers & Browns have been ran upon this season so far, the Panthers gave up 242 rushing yards on Sunday vs. Pittsburgh & the Browns have averaged over 100 rushing yards given up this season, including that trend continuing vs. the Ravens, for the Panthers they get the Ravens next while the Browns try not to get ran over vs. the Bye Week.
- The 49ers are the opposite of the Eagles, the Eagles close out game well, they are 3-0, the Niners end game off poorly, they are 1-2 & in danger of losing to the Eagles on Sunday & going 1-3. The Niners have not scored a 4th Qtr TD this season so far. Something has to give on Sunday vs. the Eagles.