Shubasz Gordon| BKD TV Insiders
With the first official College Football Playoff Rankings being revealed, this week here on BKD TV we will release our rankings through the next couple of weeks as we head own the stretch of the College Football Season.
1. Mississippi State – Overall, being able to prevail through the schedule without a blemish so far is incredible especially playing in the murder’s row of the SEC west. They will be tested with match ups against rival Ole Miss and the rest of the SEC Schedule.
2.Florida State – The Seminoles have not impressed everyone this year compared to last but with them being the defending champions and staying undefeated they deserve to be in the top four teams. Florida state has showed a way to grind out gritty wins while facing many off field distractions. Under the lead of Highly scrutinized Jamies Winston who is yet to lose a game as a starter The Seminoles are a threat to repeat.
3. Alabama- The tide lost a tough game against Ole miss Who is a threat to win the SEC just as the Crimson tide themselves. With Blake Sims at the Helm who has been playing extremely well leading the nation with a 90.8 Total QBR the offense is explosive for the first time in a while. Also under Saban the defense will be stout and the Tide look poised for a playoff spot and another National Title run.
4. Oregon- The ducks are finally getting healthy and it might be at the right time. The Ducks suffered an early season loss to an underrated Arizona team but then bounced back with huge wins over UCLA And Michigan State. The ducks QB Mariota is playing out of this universe and prime for a Heisman run if Oregon can make a playoff run.
First two out
1. Auburn- The other participant in the classic title game against Florida State is right on the outside looking in as we speak but if the tigers can come up with huge wins against playoff potentials Alabama and Ole Miss they could be primed for a spot in the playoff.
2. Ole Miss- The rebels are another SEC West team that could jump into playoff consideration. With few notable wins against worthy competition such as Auburn and Mississippi State. That land sharks defense with a young nucleus should keep them in any game against anyone in the country.