Demarus Dye| BKD TV Insiders
The Rebounds(Best) & Blocks(Worst) of the NBA is back for Week Three of the 2014-2015 NBA season, lets take a look below at the action from this week:
- Houston Rockets 9-1 start to the season: The Rockets are tied with the Memphis Grizzlies at 9-1 with the best record in the NBA, but the Rockets have a +9.4 Average Point Differential, with only allowing 91.6 points, 2nd best in the NBA & also 7th in Rebounds at 43.7 per game, James Harden is playing at a MVP level & Dwight Howard keeps dominating the boards, the Rockets will be around throughout this season.
- Cleveland Cavaliers: The Cavs have got hot over the past week, with four straight wins being there record to 5-3, the Cavs score the 2nd most points in the NBA per game at 107.9 with LeBron James leading the NBA in scoring at 27.8 per game. The Cavs get the defending NBA Champs the Spurs on Wednesday Night.
- Portland Trail Blazers: The Blazers are 7-3 & have won 4 straight now, the Blazers are in the top ten in Points per game(104.6, 7th), Rebounds per game(47.2, 1st), Assists per game(24.2, 6th) & Points allowed(96.2, 6th) which give the Blazers a +8.4 Average Point Differential also.
- Derrick Rose: Rose is still fighting injuries, right now a mild hamstring strain, he will sit out for the third time in the last five games, he got hurt on Thursday in Toronto, but after he made these comments,”I’m good, man,” Rose said. “I felt like I’ve been managing myself pretty good. I know a lot of people get mad when they see me sit out or whatever, but I think a lot of people don’t understand that … when I sit out it’s not because of this year.”I’m thinking about long term. I’m thinking about after I’m done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to, I don’t want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son’s graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. [I’m] just learning and being smart.” The Comments made Rose look soft after fight injuries over the last 2 years & he did not clear them up after having several chances to do so.
- The Lakers vs. the Warriors: The Lakers in two games so far this season vs. the Warriors have given up 127 in Oakland & now last Night 136 points in Los Angeles, the Warriors had scored 115 points after 3 quarters. All of Golden State’s starters scored in double figures for the second straight game.Kobe Bryant, who sat out the fourth quarter with Los Angeles down by 36 points, was 15-for-34 from the field in 31 minutes. Jordan Hill had 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Lakers, off to a franchise-worst 1-9 start.