Demarus Dye| BKD TV Insiders
The Rebounds(Best) & Blocks(Worst) of the NBA is back for Week Five of the 2014-2015 NBA season, lets take a look below at the action from this week:
- Golden State Warriors: The Warriors have won 9 straight games & are at 14-2, 2nd best record in the NBA. The Warriors are in the top 10 in the NBA in the 4 main areas, Points per game(107.1, 3rd), Rebounds per game(45.1, 5th), Assist per game(25.8, 1st) & Points Allowed(96.5, 8th). Stephen Curry leads the way with 23.8 points a game & 7.8 assist a game.
- San Antonio Spurs: The Spurs have won 8 straight games to get to 13-4, the Spurs are in the Top 10 in the NBA in 3 main areas, Rebounds per game(43.6, 8th), Assist per game(23.9, 7th) & Points Allowed(92.5, 2nd)
- Dallas Mavericks: The Mavericks are 13-5 & mainly there because of scoring the most average of points per game(109.1, 1st), Monta Ellis is leading the Mavs in scoring at 19.6 a game, the Mavs will be around this season.
- Philadelphia 76ers: The 76ers franchise-worst losing streak to start the season to 0-17 is very bad. Philadelphia became just the fourth team in league history to open a season with 17 losses, joining the 1998-99 Clippers (0-17), 1988-89 Heat (0-17) and the 2009-10 Nets (0-18). The 76ers can tie the Nets for the worst start in NBA history on Wednesday at Minnesota with a potential chance to break the record at home on Friday against Oklahoma City. The Sixers are only averaging 90.8 per game.
- Charlotte Hornets: If it wasn’t for the Sixers, the Hornets would have the longest losing streak at 9, the Hornets got beat by the Hawks 105-75 Saturday Night, the Hornets only average 93.6 points a game & with Al Jefferson averaging 20.0 points per game, its only 2 other teammates that average over 10 points per game.