Demarus Dye| BKD TV Insiders
The Rebounds(Best) & Blocks(Worst) of the NBA is back for Week 6 of the 2014-2015 NBA season, lets take a look below at the action from this week, thanks to ESPN.com for help in this article:
- Portland Trail Blazers- The Blazers are on a 4 game winning streak & is 16-4 at this time, the Blazers is still ranked in the top 10 of the key main 4 NBA stats: Points per game 103.4(8th), Rebounds per game 47.3(1st), Assists per game 23.8(8th) & Points Allowed 96.0(6th)
- Atlanta Hawks- Look out now, the hottest team in the Eastern Conference is the Atlanta Hawks at 14-6,the Atlanta Hawks have recently relied upon its defense. That was the case when the Hawks beat the Indiana Pacers 108-92 on Monday night. It was the fifth time in the last seven games that the Hawks have held an opponent under 100 points.
“I think our defense is superb right now,” said DeMarre Carroll.
The Hawks (14-6) have now won eight of their last nine games, including seven straight, their longest streak since the 2009-10 season. The Hawks averaged 103.3 points and 27.7 assists and held their opponents to 88.7 points during the six-game winning streak that were on entering Monday night’s game.
- Warriors Keep Rolling- On Sunday, Stephen Curry overcame an off night from long range to score 21 points and seven assists and the Warriors extended their franchise-record winning streak to 13 games with a 102-86 victory over the Timberwolves. Curry missed six of his seven 3-point attempts, but the top-ranked Warriors’ defense forced the short-handed Timberwolves to shoot 36 percent and turn the ball over 19 times to improve to an NBA-best 18-2. Klay Thompson added 21 points and the Warriors breathed a sigh of relief after Andrew Bogut left with a knee injury early in the first quarter. Steve Kerr joins Syracuse’s Al Cervi as the only two NBA coaches to start their careers going 18-2.
- Detroit Pistons- The Sixers might have the worst record in the NBA, but they have won 2 out of the last 3 games, but the Pistons has lost 12 straight, The Pistons had 14-game losing streaks in both 1979-80 and 1993-94. The Pistons see the Trail Blazers on Tuesday & the streak of down might just keep going, the Pistons have only averaged 93.1 points a game this season & only 19.5 assist a game.
- Utah Jazz- The Jazz has dropped 9 in a row, including 101-92 defeat in Sacramento Kings. The Jazz has struggled at times this season with defense, allowed 102.5 points scored on them a game. The Jazz are 5-16 & looking like they will be a main stay in the basement of the Western Conference.