Demarus Dye| BKD TV Insiders
The Rebounds(Best) & Blocks(Worst) of the NBA is back for Week 8 of the 2014-2015 NBA season, lets take a look below at the action from this week as Christmas Day is upon us, thanks to ESPN.com for help in this article:
- Atlanta Hawks 5 Game Winning streak- The Hawks are 21-7 right now, 2nd best record in the East behind the Raptors, the Hawks are 1st in the NBA in Assist per game at 25.9 per game. On Tuesday,Kyle Korver said the Atlanta Hawks’ four- and nine-game winning streaks earlier in the season were met with some skepticism because they included few victories over respected opponents. Now the Hawks have another streak that’s not so easily dismissed. DeMarre Carroll scored a career-high 25 points and the Hawks rallied from a 13-point deficit to beat the Los Angeles Clippers 107-104 on Tuesday night for their fifth straight victory. Al Horford had 20 points for Southeast Division-leading Atlanta, which has won 14 of 15. The five-game winning streak has come against Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, Dallas and the Clippers. Only the wins over the Bulls and Clippers came at home.
- Phoenix Suns 4 Game Winning Streak- The Suns are back on a roll, including a Triple Double on Tuesday Night by Guard Eric Bledsoe, Eric Bledsoe wasn’t going to let anyone get in the way of his 10th rebound, not even teammate Goran Dragic.Bledsoe grabbed the rebound, sending Dragic tumbling to the court, with 31 seconds to go to complete his second career triple-double and the Phoenix Suns beat the Dallas Mavericks124-115 on Tuesday night. The Suns won their fourth straight in their highest-scoring game of the season. Bledsoe had 16 points and 11 assists, then took his 10th rebound away from Dragic with 31 seconds to play. Bledsoe’s first career triple-double came less than three weeks ago on Dec. 8 against the Clippers in Los Angeles.
- Chicago Bulls 4 Game Winning Streak- The Bulls this week has been 2 of the top 3 teams in the Eastern Conference, the Raptors on Monday & the Wizards on Tuesday. Derrick Rose is 5-0 vs. the Wiz with John Wall as PG, the Bulls see the Lakers on Thursday Night(Christmas Night 8pm EST on TNT)
- NY Knicks at 5-25 & on a 5 game losing streak- The Knicks are quickly becoming the worst team in the NBA as the Sixers is just a 1/2 game behind the Knicks, The Knicks are both 27th in scoring points per game(94.1) & 29th in rebounding per game(39.1). Knicks are 20 games below .500 at 5-25, the Knicks lost to the Raptors on Sunday. New York fell to 2-13 on the road and 1-6 in the second game of back-to-backs. The Knicks lost 99-90 at home to Phoenix on Saturday.
- Minnesota Timberwolves on a 6 game losing streak at 5-22- The Young T-Wolves have lost 11 of their last 12 games, including 6 straight. The T-Wolves latest lost was vs. the Pacers 100-96. The Young T-wolves is 29th in points allowed per game(109.0) The T-wolves do have a way to go in the rebound process.